Friday, September 14, 2012
Guest Post with Anthony Caplan, author of Latitudes; A Story of Coming Home
Swimming in a sea of Fair Isle sweaters and LL Bean boots, Will discovers a core of resilience in himself that allows him to survive, thrive, and ultimately embrace the flawed and varied worlds he inhabits. Will reconnects with his Mother, sinking into a New York City world of Irish bars and one night stands he cannot save her from. With a little help from friends, and a high school Shakespeare class taught by the school’s closeted gay athletic trainer, Will begins to see the possibility of finding his true path. Latitudes charts the birth pangs of a quest for self and soul — from a tropical childhood to a coming of age on the road.
You can purchase the book in kindle or book format at Amazon.
Follow along on the Latitudes Virtual Book Tour at Pump Up Your Book
Read the blog at The New Remembrance
13 Things About Latitudes 1. Will Kogan is the oldest son of Duncan and Margaret Kogan.
2. The story starts with the death of Margaret in New Hampshire.
3. The four Kogan siblings meet up in Boston.
4. Margaret and Duncan separated when Will was ten.
5. Duncan lives in Europe with his second wife Cecilia. 6. Will is a travel writer who lives in Southern California.
7. As children, the siblings were separated by a series of kidnappings.
8. Will and his oldest sister lived for a time on a rain forest coffee plantation, hiding out from Margaret.
9. Duncan wanted Will and his sisters to speak only Spanish so they would fit in with his new wife's family.
10. Will was sent to a boarding school.
11. Will's English teacher was gay.
12. Will wanted to fit in but couldn't. Cecilia knew why he was different.
13. Will gives a little girl at the airport a card that reads To Remember the Good Times Reach for the Sky.
About the Book Book: Redemption in the Wilderness Author: Andrea Byrd Genre: Christian Historical Romance Release Date: S...
About the Book Book : Love’s Rescue Author : Linda Shenton Matchett Genre : Historic Romance Release Date: February 1...
The Moses Quilt is a contemporary novel that bridges racial and generational divides. With a realistic and compassionate look into a tw...
Winner # 146 True Random Number Generator No Strings Attached Giveaway ...