Monday, June 15, 2015

Desperate Measures (Port Aster Secrets, #3) by Sandra Orchard






Researcher Kate Adams has finally pinpointed the medicinal plant responsible for tearing her family apart. She's certain that discovering its secrets is her only hope of solving the mystery surrounding the disappearance of her father. Kate will risk anything to find the truth--even her budding relationship with Detective Tom Parker. But more people than she can fathom are after the plants and going it alone just might prove to be a fatal mistake.




About this author

I live in rural Ontario with my real-life hero husband, college-age children, and a young husky with a fetish for rubber boots and remote controls.

Although I taught high school math before starting my family, my childhood dream of becoming a writer never strayed far from my thoughts. I dabbled in writing how-to articles and book reviews, but for many years, needlecrafts, painting, and renovating a century-old farmhouse satisfied my creative appetite.

Then I discovered the world of inspirational fiction, and my writing took on new direction. On my “graduation day” as a home-educator (i.e. my youngest daughter’s first day of college), I learned that Love Inspired wanted to publish Deep Cover. And so my Undercover Cops series and new career has begun.

You can read more about my novels, my writing journey, and those of others who are daring to reach for their dreams at www.SandraOrchard.com



http://www.Facebook.com/SandraOrchard


Amazon 



My Review 

I’ve traveled this story through the three books, and had my heart in my throat throughout the story. This being the final in the Port Aster Secrets, we do find out who is a good guy and who isn’t, and boy are you going to be surprised. At least I was, I never saw some of the happening coming and who was a good guy and who was bad.
I kept hoping from the first page that Kate would finally be reunited with her dad, and make her peace with Tom Parker. He seems to be there and has her back and is caring, but both are keeping secrets from each other.
We do get a lot of answers to all of our questions that have been building up, and we dig deeper into all angles of this mysterious plant. There are also some helpful hints about which common plants that God planted near problem plants, like poison ivy, which are remedies, I never knew.
I am ready for a next book from Sandra Orchard, if it is anything like this series; I know I will love it. 



I received this book through the Revell Reads Blogger Program, and was not required to give a positive review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours Presents: Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome

  Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome About Fast Times, Big City  Fast Times, Big City Publisher ‏ : ‎ BQB Publishing (...