Thursday, September 24, 2026

The Stepmother by Sheila Bugler

 

t is a day like any other when Sarah arrives at the school gate to pick up her two stepchildren, Izzy and Patrick.

But when the twins don't run out to meet her like normal, Sarah knows something must be wrong.

Sarah can't believe what she's hearing when the teacher informs her that their father, Mike, removed them from school earlier in the day. All of Sarah's calls to Mike go to voicemail.

Worse is to come when Sarah is told by police that as she and Mike are not legally married, and he is the children's father, there is nothing they or Sarah can do.

Then she receives a text message from Mike: Don't go home. It's not safe.

Amazon 

 

About The Author


 

Hello. I'm an Irish crime writer who lives in the UK. I have written eleven novels so far. My twelfth book is a psychological thriller called The Stepmother, published by Hodder and Stoughton. It's out on 26 September 2026 and is available to pre-order now. I really hope you enjoy it!

I adore crime fiction and have never wanted to write anything else. I'd be delighted to share my recommendations with you and to hear yours too. If you'd like to contact me, you can do so over at my Facebook author page or on Instagram (I'm @sheilabsussex).

 

My Review


A ride you don't want to get off, full of twists and turns, right up to the last page.
Do we really know our partner? A comfortable life, and boom, gone!
Did I suspect the culprits as they are presented, nope! The the author does a great job of hiding and bringing facts out.
In the end there is no one to trust, and those you think you can, the evil one has some control.
I loved the out come of those that perpetrated what happened here, justice?
You will be holding your breath, and find your heart in your throat! All the while I love the twins!
I will say I enjoyed the fast pace read!
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Hodder & Stoughton, and was not required to give a positive review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stepmother by Sheila Bugler

  t is a day like any other when Sarah arrives at the school gate to pick up her two stepchildren, Izzy and Patrick . But when the twins d...