Wednesday, September 23, 2026

High Exposure Kelly Borjas

 

This riveting start to an adventure-driven romantic suspense series from a debut author

Determined travel blogger Julia Stevens is on her final assignment in snowy Silverberg, Colorado. She's running from her past—and God—but the charm of small-town life brings little comfort when she's face-to-face with the winter sport that killed her sister: skiing. Upon her arrival in town, she discovers a dead body and is quickly compelled to research the situation, give justice to the man's story, and kick off her new career in journalism.


Cade Haskins is back home after a failed mission and his subsequent retirement from the DEA. His father's declining health has pushed Cade to prioritize family, and he helps at the historic Silverberg Hotel on his dad's behalf. When Julia shows up at the hotel, Cade becomes her local contact. He quickly realizes she has a knack for sniffing around where she shouldn't, and he attaches himself to her side.


With the local death connected to a meth ring, Julia's investigation has unknowingly put a target on her back. As the danger increases and she begins to learn more about Cade and his family, she finds herself trusting the God she was running from. And Cade? He doesn't want to get dragged back into DEA work, but it seems like he may not have a choice if he wants to protect Julia . . . and his growing attraction to her.

Amazon 

 

About The Author


 

I am represented by Lynette Eason of the Steve Laube Agency. My debut three-book series releases with Kregel Publications this year! I’m so excited to see where these next steps take us! I hope my books provide adventure and escape, a love story you’ll remember, and reminders of grace and hope.
When I was in eighth grade, a teacher handed me a school library copy of a Janette Oke book. Since then, I’ve been a voracious reader of inspirational fiction. While I read in several genres, love stories amidst a suspenseful plot own my heart. It is humbling and amazing to enter into a genre filled with so many wonderful authors.
I grew up in Southwest Colorado, then transplanted to Southern California for college. I earned a degree in Communication Studies from Biola University, then a Master’s in Leadership and Organizational Studies from Azusa Pacific University. After spending most of my career in sales, I now get to work with my husband part-time and mom to my three boys full-time! We live in the slow, open space of California’s central coast. When I’m not writing, sending long Marco Polos to friends, or podcasting on TheLitLadies Podcast, I enjoy boating, camping, running, and anything else outside.

 

My Review


 This book was written by a debut author, but wow, she writes like a pro!
The book opens with a young women stuck in the snow, but not with her car, her body, and Julia Steven's rescuer, Cade Haskins, will soon play an important part in her life.
There is non-stop action here, and there seems to never be a dull moment! Don't get to comfortable, because you'll soon be holding your breath!
Did I guess whom was the culprit, yes, and then no. The author does a wonderful job of keeping me in the dark, and then I was right, until I was wrong again. 
There is a bit of sweet romance, family life, with its ups and downs! Such great characters in this read, I quickly connected with them. 
I will be looking for more by this new author, her style of writing is just what I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Exposure Kelly Borjas

  This riveting start to an adventure-driven romantic suspense series from a debut author Determined travel blogger Julia Stevens is on her...