Sunday, February 20, 2011

Amish Hearts by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller and Kelly Long


This is my kind of book! I loved it and never wanted it to end! The three stories take place in the same Amish community and some of the characters appear in the other stories. The book is written by three great Amish story tellers, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller and Kelly Long.
The first is about a hurting girl who tricks an newly baptized Amishman into marriage. Loved how this story unfolded and how love and forgiveness abounds.
The second story is about a tragic accident and death. Again this book has a lot to do about forgiveness and dealing with a handicap. You will love how Ellie deals with her blindness. Will love prevail?
The last story is Naaman and Lavina and a lot of forgiveness! Naaman has returned home after abandoning his family for almost a year. Some of his children forgive easily while the others are not ready. You will love how Naaman tries to win back Lavina...dates, notes and even kite flying!
As I said I didn't want this book to end, want to go along with their lives. I also loved the recipes that were included in this book!
I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review. I was not required to give a complementary review, nor was I compensated. The opinions express are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrate Lit Presents: The Last Disciple: Crisis in Jerusalem Author: Kurt Brouwer

  About the Book Book: The Last Disciple: Crisis in Jerusalem Author: Kurt Brouwer Genre: Christian Historical Fiction Relea...