Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Our Mother's Secret: Totally unputdownable and heartbreaking women's fiction packed with family secrets by Alison Ragsdale

 

When my sister tells me time is running out for her life-saving transplant, tears roll down my cheeks. But she isn’t crying, she’s staring at our mother, who says words that will change my life forever. ‘It’s time for me to tell you the truth…’

I can barely breathe as my mother tells us there is a possibility that the father we adored might not be our birth father. Before I can process the secret she has kept from us, she takes my hand firmly in hers. ‘You have to find him
Mairi, the other man. He is our last chance to save your sister.’

When I tell my husband
Tom what my mother has asked me to do, I can see the pain on his face. All he wants is for me to rest and protect the precious life inside of me, the baby we hoped for all these years. How can I put my own happiness ahead of saving my sister’s life?

But finding the man my mother loved all those years ago is only the beginning. Because my sister is also hiding something, and it will change everything I thought I knew about our family.
Am I truly prepared for what I will discover when I unravel the secrets of those I love the most? And will I be ready to make the most impossible choice of all?

Amazon

 

About The Author


 

Alison Ragsdale writes contemporary women’s fiction novels set in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, her homeland. They are emotionally charged stories about family, love, loss, forgiveness, and finding new ways to happiness despite life's toughest challenges. 

Ragsdale's novels are heart-wrenching tales of family dynamics and relationships, inspired by the extraordinary in the every-day. For more information, previews of upcoming books, and signings, sign up for the Highlanders Club newsletter.

A former marketing executive, originally from Edinburgh, Alison now lives near Washington D.C. with her husband and dogs. She was educated in England and holds an MBA from Leicester University. 

 

My Review


A read that kept me page turning, and wondering what was going to happen next.
A set of twins with one having health issues. Can one of the sister's help the other?
One sister is finally pregnant, will she be able to help? Can she donate?
Questions, and a times very hard on relationships, there are some very long held secrets.
Was I surprised when some of these secrets get answered? Oh yes, never expected half of what happens here.
There are some happy moments here, and some very sad ones.
I loved the epilogue!
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Bookouture, and was not required to give a positive review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Mother's Secret: Totally unputdownable and heartbreaking women's fiction packed with family secrets by Alison Ragsdale

  When my sister tells me time is running out for her life-saving transplant, tears roll down my cheeks. But she isn’t crying, she’s stari...