Monday, October 29, 2012

Revell Publishing Presents: A Love Surrendered (Winds of Change #3) by Julie Lessman

Orphaned in Iowa, Annie Kennedy moves to Boston to stay with her spinster aunt. She longs for romance to fill the void left by her parents' death. But when she falls hard for Steven O'Connor, the man who broke an engagement to her sister, Annie is worried. Will he break her heart too when he discovers who she really is?

About this author
Julie Lessman is an award-winning author whose tagline of “Passion With a Purpose” underscores her intense passion for both God and romance. American Christian Fiction Writers 2009 Debut Author of the Year and winner of 14 RWA awards, Julie Lessman was voted #1 Romance Author of the year in Family Fiction magazine’s 2012 and 2011 Readers Choice Awards, #1 Historical Fiction Author, #3 Author, #4 Novel #3 Series and Booklist’s 2010 Top 10 Inspirational Fiction. Julie resides in Missouri with her husband, daughter, son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. You can contact her through her website at www.julielessman.com, where you can also read excerpts from each of her books.

My Review:
A book I was enjoying so much, I didn't want it to end. The third book in this amazing series, and there is enough information presented to read it alone, but don't deny yourself and read the other two!
Annie [Susannah] as she now wants to be called, and now wants to leave her good girl image behind in Iowa. She wants to experience Boston like her sister Maggie did. She has made some very worldly friends, and ends up being rescued from one of her bad choices by FBI Agent Steven O'Connor. She becomes smitten with him, only to find out he is Maggie's former beau.
Loved looking at Prohibition time Boston, a glimpse of Speakeasies and bootlegging. Enjoy your time visiting with the O'Connor family, yes they are still at it. Such love and fun, and now getting bigger, and above all a Great Love of God. They have such a faith centered life, and share it! I get such a warm feeling spending time in Marcy and Patrick's home, and how they love each and everyone in their family. There interaction at times is hysterical...they know each other so well.
I fear this is the last book in this series, and hope it isn't true! Be sure to savor this one!

I received this book from the Publisher Revell and their Blogger Program, and was not required to give a positive review.

5 comments:

  1. MAUREEN!!!

    Thank you SO much for the WONDERFUL review, my friend, and what a kick to hear the audio version of my book ... I never have before, so that was a hoot.

    I am entering you in my review contest, so be sure to let me know where else you posted this so I can give you extra points, okay?

    Thanks again -- MUCH appreciated!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, when you find a book you love so much its so upsetting when it ends. Sounds like a good read, great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm in a great book when I leave my phone or itouch on the shelf and take my book with me instead! This sounds like that kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books that you hate that they end. I hadn't heard of the series, but will definitely look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a Love Surrendered sounds like a great book to read! Love the audio book addition to your review!

    ReplyDelete

Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours Presents: Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome

  Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome About Fast Times, Big City  Fast Times, Big City Publisher ‏ : ‎ BQB Publishing (...