Friday, March 16, 2012

Where Lilacs Still Bloom: A Novel by Jane Kirkpatrick

Where Lilacs Still Bloom: A NovelWhere Lilacs Still Bloom: A Novel by Jane Kirkpatrick

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is the life story of Hulda Klager, who Loves God, her Family and her Lilacs. A really sweet fast read, that will keep you thinking beyond putting the book down.
We live everything with Hulda, the good and the bad. This is life, as one would live it, and I love that it is based on a true story. Some parts are just so very very sad, but there is perseverance and life goes on whether we are ready or not.
I'm impressed on how many lives Hulda has reached with her wonderful fragrant lilacs. She cultivated so many varieties, and shared.
Jane Kirkpatrick has woven such a wonderful story of both fact and fiction, just as she did with her novel The Daughter's Walk. This is a don't miss heartwarming, feel good book.

I received this book from the Publisher Waterbrook Press, and was not required to give a positive review.

1 comment:

  1. I'd probably buy this book on the title alone as when I saw it I thought about the Lilacs that grew where I was when growing up. The book sounds like I'd enjoy it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours Presents: Cats, Carats and Killers (Urban Tails Pet Shop Mysteries) by T. C. LoTempio

  Cats, Carats and Killers (Urban Tails Pet Shop Mysteries) by T. C. LoTempio About Cats, Carats, and Killers Cats, Carat...