Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Perfectly Matched (The Blue Willow Brides #3) by Maggie Brendan



 
Anna Olsen knows it's time to leave her sister's increasingly crowded house and start a life of her own. Following her sisters' examples, she becomes a mail-order bride, and after a short correspondence with clock maker and jeweler Edward Parker, she moves to Denver to become his wife. Almost immediately it's painfully apparent that Anna and Edward are very different. Anna is a free spirit who would rather be painting and enjoying the company of friends than cleaning house. Edward is a consummate perfectionist who, on their wedding day, hands Anna a list of chores that need to be done around the house daily.
Can this mismatched couple see past their differences to a harmonious future? Or will their disparate passions create obstacles neither is willing to surmount?
Maggie Brendan closes her Blue Willow Brides series with a heartwarming tale of true love despite misunderstanding, showing readers that God's timing is always perfect.



Available October 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a 
division of Baker Publishing Group.



 
About this author









 

Brenda Lott aka Maggie Brendan
Hello, dah-lin. My name is Brenda Lott, and I'm from Gah-gah (Georgia) which makes me a Southern belle. Think Scarlett O'Hara. No, make that Margaret Mitchell since I, too, write historical romance novels. My pen name is Maggie Brendan, and I host a writers' critique group in my home. I'm a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers and American Christian Writers, and I won the 2004 Atlanta Persistence Award from the American Christian Writers. When I'm not writing, in my spare time, I like to paint and scrapbook, and be with my four grandchildren. I'm also a member of a large sancturary choir.

 


Website:
 
 
 
 
 
My Review:  
 
The title is a bit misleading. Perfectly Matched...Anna Olson is now a mail-order bride. Edward Parker, the groom, is a bit, well maybe more than a bit, OCD. Whereas, Anna, is a bit scatter brained, in a good way.
Will these two different people, newly met, be able to forge a marriage? Edward needs organization in his life, everything in its place. A day for each chore, and meals right on time. Enter Anna, and she arrives with a dog. Now being a dog lover I know that fur, and playing and just being in the house leaves things a bit disorganized! Poor Edward!
Now Anna does not stop with just one dog, oh no. Pretty soon a menagerie of different animals begins to appear, you can just picture what happens.
The story is not just about Anna and Edwards different personalities, but it is about the sweet romance that blooms. Of course, there is a rocky start to even that.
This is the third and final book in this wonderful series, and each book can stand on its own. I highly recommend that you read each of these fantastic stories, you will not be disappointed!!

I received this book through the Revell Blogger Program, and was not required to give a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrate Lit Presents: The New Neighbors Author: Tamara G. Cooper

  About the Book Book:  The New Neighbors Author:  Tamara G. Cooper Genre:  Cozy Suspense Release date: September 6, 2023 ...