Saturday, March 19, 2011

Abigail's New Hope (Wayne County, #1) by Mary Ellis

Synopsis..Amish midwife Abigail Graber loves bringing babies into the world. But when a difficult delivery takes a devastating turn, Abigail is faced with some of the hardest choices she has ever had to make. Despite all her efforts, the young mother dies-but the baby is saved.

When a heartless judge confines Abigail to the county jail, her younger sister, Catherine, comes to care for the home while Daniel works his fields. Catherine meets Daniel's reclusive cousin, Isaiah, who's deaf and thought to be simple-minded by his community. She teaches him how to communicates with his fellow man, and in so doing, discovers he possesses unexpected gifts and talents. Catherine makes a difference in all their lives and in return, finds love, while Isaiah discovers God, who cares not for our handicaps or limitations.

This book was very enjoyable and a very quick read! It showed that we all have to live with our decisions. I thought that Abigail did the right thing, but in the eyes of the law she was wrong! Just like a sin is a sin!

I loved the way Catherine is able to communicate with Issiah. What a fun time she and the children have together, including Issiah!
My heart went out to Nathan who loses his young wife, and now has little Abraham to take care of.

You can see God's hand in helping his people! Abagail's presence in the Jail also has an effect on those around her. I also loved those who nagged at Nathan to return to his Lord, and deal with his grief.

I would recommend this book to all who enjoy a good story and life in the Amish community.

I purchased this book and the opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I have this book in my TBR Amish pile, and I can't wait to start it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for participating in my Amish challenge!

    Blessings,
    Molly from Reviews By Molly

    ReplyDelete

Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours Presents: Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome

  Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome About Fast Times, Big City  Fast Times, Big City Publisher ‏ : ‎ BQB Publishing (...